Killing bed bugs by yourself in your own home is far from being an easy task. It’s made tough due to their ability to match their flat oval-shaped bodies inside most little cracks and openings. This leaves even reaching them in order to eliminate them extremely hard.
Therefore, the problem is what kills bed bugs?
Well, perhaps you are aware there are probably scores of products available which can do the job. Nevertheless, chemical products have a few big draw backs.
- They could cause long term medical problems for the occupants of a property.
- These blood sucking bugs have over time acquired resistance to them, making them ineffectual.
Therefore, what kills bed bugs yet is 100% non poisonous and safe?
There are a number of approaches you can choose, here are a few examples:
BED BUG HEAT TREATMENT: This if you ask me is the most successful method to kill bed bugs in your home and there are numerous ways you can do it.
Steam: once the infested area is entirely cleared of clutter and everything possible has been vacuumed you will get to work using your steam cleaner. It is important that you devote time and move the steam head over areas like your mattress and soft furnishings carefully, moving inch by inch with the steam cleaner hovering just above the surface. You must always keep the steam head as close as you can to the surface being treated to ensure that the vapor temperature stays as high as possible.
Should you be considering investing in a steam cleaner there are some points you should keep in mind:
- Make certain it can reach temperatures in excess of 120 oC.
- Purchase one where the pressure of steam could be altered. In the event the steam is released at really high pressure the risk is you merely blow the pests to another area of the room!
- Choose a steam cleaner which produces”dry” vapor. This is quite important in order to avoid treated things including mattresses for instance becoming far too wet and possibly developing black mold or mildew.